The School Administration and PTSA maintain multiple channels of communication to facilitate the flow of information among Parents & Guardians, Students, Teachers, and the Administration. Be sure to use your Parent Account on Schoology and to sign up for the weekly e-newsletter!
- Schoology – Our number one communication tool. An account is created for you with the email address you submit at Registration. Make sure you sign up for Schoology with the code your child receives from her / his Advisory Class teacher. It is important to use your parent account and not your child’s to receive important messages from teachers and administration. You can adjust your Schoology settings to receive email or text message notifications – or both! Your child will be checking grades weekly on Schoology in Advisory Cass.
- Brewer Blast e-Newsletter: The weekly school email newsletter. Sign up for the Weekly Brewer Blast and keep up to date with everything that is happening at Edna Brewer.
- Daily Announcements: Students hear daily news and reminders (tryouts, student council, clubs, etc.) over the school intercom system each morning.
- Advisory Class Handouts: Advisory Class is held once a week on Wednesdays, and its focus is on helping our students learn to set and reflect on goals, as well as teaching common themes to all the kids. This class is also the best place for the teachers to communicate to all the students at once and give out handouts to bring home.
- SchoolMessenger Robo-Calls: Each year at Registration, parents fill out the District’s Emergency Contact card to provide new phone numbers and contact information to the school which Brewer staff enters into the phone system. Calls will be in your primary language of record and can be about absences, upcoming events, or general announcements.
- Electronic Sign – Brewer has an electronic sign at the main entrance with short announcements and important dates.
- NEW! Text Message Reminders – Text @ednabrewer to the number 81010. These will be short text message reminders on the day of school events, meetings, deadlines.
- School Website: ednabrewer.net is a great resource for everyone in the Brewer Community. Look for announcements, school policies, contact lists, and more. Check out the Online School Calendar and the new Online Athletics Calendar for upcoming school events. Check back often as events and details are frequently updated. (Google Calendar users can add the entire calendar or save individual events.)
- Facebook: Visit our “Edna Brewer Middle School” and “Edna Brewer Music Program” Facebook pages for photos, videos, events, and school news. Select “Following” on the Like Button menu to see posts in your Newsfeed or select “Get Notifications” on the Like Button menu to receive notifications of new posts.
- PTSA Member Email List: PTSA members receive meeting and guest speaker reminders. Select the “Join the PTSA” menu at ptsa.ednabrewer.net.
To submit an item for the Brewer Blast, online calendar, website, or Facebook page, use this form: Event Submission Form